Nem to-hu sap.
(Khmer Krom vegetarian summer roll.)
Lightly brown tofu, crisp fresh lettuce, cucumber, mint and rice vermicelli noodle wraps with rice paper is very tasty Khmer Krom vegetarian food.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Pieces firm tofu, drained and pats dried with paper towel
- 1 Package rice papper
- A bowl of warm water to moist rice paper
- 2 Cups cooked rice vermicelli noodle
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and cut into same length as tofu
- 2 Cups chopped Romaine or Boston lettuce
- 1 Cup chopped mint leaves
- Few stalks of fresh chive (option)
- Procedures :
Pre heat a non-stick skillet or wok. When skillet is hot, add oil and pan fry tofu till it lightly brown on both sides. Removed fried tofu and put it on a plate to cool off. When fried tofu cool to touch, slices each tofu into 8 pieces and set it a side.
Take a piece of rice paper and lay flat on a plate or cutting board. Moisten your fingers with water and rubs gently on top of rice paper till rice paper soften.
Put a slice of tofu on 1/3 top of rice paper, add some cooked rice vermicelli noodle, cucumber, chopped lettuce and mint on top tofu.
Lift and fold the top part of rice paper over and the same with both sides of rice paper. Carefully roll it tightly forward like you roll spring roll, add few stalk of chive at the end.
Serves with sweet soy sauce or hoisin sauce
or with vegetarian fish sauce.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.