Nhoam num pachok sap.
(Tofu salad with rice noodle.)
This is one of my favorite Khmer Krom vegetarian recipes. Rice vermicelli noodle with shredded vegetables, fresh herbs and sweet soy sauce is heavenly delicious.
- Ingredients :
- 6 Cups water
- ½ Package rice vermicelli noodle
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Pieces extra firmed tofu, drain and pats dried with paper towel
- 2 Large carrot, peeled, shredded and squeezes liquid out
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons roasted rice powder
- 2 Cups chopped lettuce
- 1 Cup chopped mint leaves or mix herbs
- Procedures :
Boil 6 cups water in large pot, add rice noodle in to boiling water, stirs and cook till noodle tender. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinse under cold water and set a side to drain.
Pre heat a non-stick skillet, when it hot add oil. Pan fry tofu till both sides golden brown. Put fried tofu in a plate and set a side to cool off.
When tofu cool to touch, slices it thinly and put it in a large bowl, add shredded carrot, salt, sugar and roasted rice powder, mix well.
To serve: Put some cooked rice vermicelli noodle in a plate or bowl, add prepared tofu, lettuce, mints and peanut.
Pour some sweet soy sauce or some vegetarian fish sauce over noodle before serve.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.