Salor kari sach ko.
(Curry beef soup.)
Authentic Khmer Krom curry soup with tender chunks of beef, beef tripe and collar green is delicious.
If you donít like collar green, you can substitute for any kind of vegetables that you like.
Iíve used spinach, green bean, egg plant and kale for this recipe, but I prefer the texture from collar green.
- Ingredients :
- Ĺ lb Beef chuck. Cut chunks bite sizes.
- Ĺ lb Beef tripe. Soaked in warm salt water, washed, rinsed and drained.
- 4 Cups water.
- 8 Cups chopped collar green.
- 1 Cup coconut milk.
- ľ Cup minced minced lemon grass.
- 1 Kaffir lime leaves.
- 1 Yellow onion. Quartered.
- 3 Cloves garlic. Minced
- 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder.
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce, (add 2 tablespoons if you don't use shrimp paste.)
- 1 Tablespoon shrimp paste (Kapik). OPTION.
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil.
- 1 Teaspoon grated fresh fresh galanga root, or frozen galanga root.
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika.(Option).
- 2 Chopped hot chili pepper.(Option).
- Procedures :
First put beef tripe in a pot, cover it with water and pre- cook for 20 minutes.
Removed beef tripe and rinsed it well under water. Cut it into chunk bite sizes. Set a side.
Use a blender, blended coconut milk, garlic, onion, galang, paprika,lime leaf, lemon grass and curry powder. Set a side.
Heat up a large soup pot on the stove. When it hot, add cooking oil.
Add beef, beef tripe and mix coconut sauce. Stirs well.
Pour 4 cups water and cook till meat tender( to your liking).
Add collar green. Stirs well.
Seasoning with fish sauce,shrimp pasted and sugar.Stirs.
Top with chopped hot chili pepper before serve.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.