Ragu sach moan.
(Khmer Krom chicken stew.)
Khmer Krom chicken stew with French influence is very tasty and easy to make. It is one of the most popular foods that our people serves at big occasion such as wedding banquet or family reunion.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1- 2 lbs Boneless chicken meat either dark or white
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 5 small red potatoes, cleaned and cut into half
- 1 Cup baby carrot
- ½ Cup sweet baby(midgets) pickles
- 1 Canned 6 oz, whole button mushroom
- 1 Cup frozen sweet pea(option)
- 1 Canned 8 oz Hunt's tomato sauce
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Bay leaf
- Procedures :
Preheat a soup pot. When it hot, add oil, garlic, onion and chicken, stirs well.
Seasoning with salt, soy sauce, sugar and black pepper.
Add potato, carrot, sweet pickle, mushroom, peas, tomato sauce, water and bay leaf, stirs well, simmering till chicken meat and potato tender.
Serve hot with fresh crusty Italian or French bread.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.