Salor machu pakon.
(Sweet, sour and spicy shrimp soup.)
Mouth watering sweet, sour, spicy shrimp soup is Khmer Krom country.
When you make this soup, it is important that you taste the soup and seasoning to your liking. Sweeter add more sugar, and sourer add more tamarind powder.
- Ingredients :
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Cups water
- 1 Cup chunk fresh pineapple or 1 8oz canned chunks of pineapple
- ˝ Tablespoon Knorr tamarind powder
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lb Large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 stalks Asian rhubarb, peeled and sliced
- 1 Small tomato, sliced
- 2 Cups bean sprout
- 1 Stalk green onion, chopped
- A handful chopped rice paddy herb and sweet basil leaves
- 2 Chopped hot chili pepper(option)
- Procedures :
Heat up a small saucepan on another burner, when it hot add oil and garlic,
sauté garlic till it light brown color, when done, set a side.
Put water and pineapple in a soup pot, cook till water boiling.
Seasoning soup stock with tamarind soup base powder, sugar and fish sauce.
Add shrimp and Asian rhubarb to soup stock, stirs well, cook till soup bubbling.
Add tomato and bean sprouts, stirs well.
Top with green onion, rice paddy herb, sweet basil leaves and chili pepper.
Pour garlic oil into soup pot.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.