Salor trao sach chrouk.
(Pork with taro root soup).
Taro root and chayote squash soup with pork meat is delicious Khmer Krom country food.
- Ingredients :
- 4 Cups water
- ½ lb. Pork meat,slice thin
- 1 lb taro root, peeled and cut bite sizes cubes
- 1 Chayote squash, peeled, seeded and cut bite sizes cubes
- 1 ½ Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- ½ Cup fresh rice paddy herb,chopped
- Procedures :
Cook water in a soup pot till water bubbling.
Add pork meat and taro root to boiling water, stirs, cook till meat tender.
Add squash and cook till squash tender, occassionally removes bubbles that form on top of the stock to prevent cloudy soup.
Seasoning with fish sauce,sugar, salt,and black pepper.
Top with green onion and rice paddy herb.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.