(Pickle fish dipping sauce.)
Spicy pickle fish *pahok* dipping sauce is Khmer Krom ethnic food. Delicious sauce for dipping with raw or cooked vegetables, fish or meat. Sauce is very important in most Khmer dish, therefor, it is very important to taste and adjust the sauce to your taste.
- Ingredients :
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons frozen or fresh minced lemon grass
- 3 Chopped fresh hot chili pepper or to your taste(option)
- 1 Cup water
- 3 Tablespoons creamy style pickle fish paste*pahok*
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon Sambal Olekek chili paste
- ¼ Cup crushed, roasted, unsalted peanut (option)
- Procedures :
Heat up a small sauce pan.
When sauce-pan is hot, add oil and garlic, stirs, add lemon grass and pepper, stirs well.
Add water, pickle fish and sugar, stirs till sauce bubbling, removed sauce from heat, add lime juice and chili paste, stirs well.
Top with peanut before serve.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.