Num pachok cha gio pakon ang.
(Rice noodle with spring roll and shrimp.)
Khmer Krom rice noodles with crispy spring roll and steamed or grilled prawn or shrimp and top with sweet fish sauce is very delicious. It is one of my family favorite noodle recipes.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Dozen spring rolls, recipes below
- 1 Package rice vermicelli noodles
- 8 Cups water
- ¼ Head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and julienne
- A handful chopped fresh mix herbs(mint, cilantro, sweet basil leaves, ) or just chopped mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- 1-2 lbs Large shrimp or 6 large prawn
- ¼ Cup chopped roasted unsalted peanut
- Procedures :
Make spring roll, pick one of my Khmer Krom spring roll recipes below, follow the instruction, when done set it a side.
KhmerKrom taro root and pork spring roll recipe.
Beef spring roll recipe.
Turkey spring roll recipe.
Vegetarian spring roll recipe.
Pork spring roll recipe.
Put 8 cups water in a large pot, cook till water bubbling, add noodle to boiling water, cook till noodle tender. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinses under cold water, put a side to let it drain.
In a large bowl, mix lettuce with cucumber and mix herbs together, set it a side.
Heat up oil in a small sauce-pan, when oil is hot add chopped onion, stirs till onion soften, remove onion oil from the stove, and set it a side.
Steamed or boiled shrimp, when shrimp cooked peeled shells but leave tail on, and set it a side.
Put some mix vegetables in a bowl, add cooked rice noodle and cut up some spring roll put on top noodle, add shrimp, a little onion oil and pour some sweet fish sauce over. Top with crushed peanut and serve immediately
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.