Ung kep char kreoung.
(Spicy lemon grass frog legs)
This authentic Khmer country food with frog legs, lemon grass, hot pepper and roasted peanut is very popular appetizer (mahope sar) in Kampuchea Krom (now know as South Vietnam).
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh or frozen mincedlemon grass
- 6 Pairs frog legs ,cut in half
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ Tablespoon oyster sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 Chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste(option)
- ¼ Cup roasted, unsalted peanut
- Procedures :
Heat up a skillet or wok with high temperature.
When skillet is hot, add oil, garlic and lemon grass, stirs, add frog legs, stirs well.
Seasoning with sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce and black pepper, stirs well.
Add onion, bell pepper and chili pepper, stirs well.
Top with roasted peanut before serve.
Serve hot with rice or as appetizer (mahope sar).
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.