Trey chamhoy xieng chnay.
( Steamed fish with ginger and bean paste.)
Steamed fish with ginger and sweet soy bean paste is very delicious.
- Ingredients :
- 3 Tablespoons sweet soy bean paste *xieng*
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ Black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- 1½-2 lbs Whole trout or any white meat fish, clean, pats dry with paper towel
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Small package, 1.7 oz bean thread noodle, soaked in hot water, drained, cut in half
- ¼ Cup already soaked in hot water, drained and chopped black fungus mushroom
- ½ Cup dried banana flowers, soak in hot water, drained
- ¼ Cup sliced fresh ginger root
- Procedures :
In a small bowl, mix soy bean paste with sugar and black pepper, mix well, set a side.
Pre heat a skillet or wok with high temperature.
When skillet is hot, add oil and garlic, sauté garlic till brown then add green onion, stirs, removes garlic and green onion only, put it in a small bowl, set a side.
Put fish in same skillet, pan fry till it brown on both sides of the fish, remove fish from skillet, put it in a corning ware or bamboo container.
Rubs half amount of soy bean sauce on both sides of the fish.
Arranges yellow onion, bean thread noodle, black fungus mushroom, banana flowers and ginger root on top of the fish.
Pour remaining soy bean sauce on top, put fish in the steamer, steamed it for an hour.
Top with roasted garlic and onion.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.