S'bot kdam nhoat sach chrouk.
(Stuffed crab shells)
Stuffed crab shells with grounded pork, crabmeat and coconut lime sauce is delicious recipe from Khmer Krom at *Kol Tral* Phu Quoc island.
Authentic recipe used with Dungeon crab lumps but I substituted with grounded pork and canned crabmeat instead, because where I live fresh lumps Dungeon crabmeat is very expensive.
- Ingredients :
- ½ lb Grounded pork or grounded turkey
- 1 cup fresh lump crab meat or 1 canned, 6 oz Bumble Bee Fancy white crab meat
- 1 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Stalks green onion,chopped
- ¼ Cup already soaked, and chopped black fungus mushroom
- ¼ Cup already soaked, and chopped bean thread noodle
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Crab shells already scrubbed, cleaned and drained
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ Yellow onion, sliced thin
- ½ Cup coconut milk
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ Cup unsalted roasted peanut
- Procedures :
In a large bowl, put grounded pork, crabmeat, garlic, onion, mushroom, bean thread noodle, sugar, fish sauce, salt and black pepper, mix well.
Stuffs the marinated meat into each crab shell, put in a baking pan and covered with foil.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or put in a steamer and steamed it for an hour. Removed cooked stuffed crab, put it in a serving plate and set a side.
Heat up a small saucepan.
When saucepan is hot, add oil and yellow onion, sauté till onion soft, removed onion, put on top cooked stuffed crab and set a side.
Using same saucepan, add coconut milk, kaffir lime leaf, limejuice, fish sauce, paprika and sugar, stirs well, simmering till sauce bubbling.
Put sauce in a blender, add roasted peanut and blended well.
Pour sauce on top stuffed crab.
Serve hot with rice or appetizer.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.