Salor kari swai di-hu.
( Curry mango with squid .)
My dad is a good cook, much better than Mom is and this is one of his favorite recipes that he used to cook for us.
Fresh squid and mango flavor with pickle fish(pahok), spicy lemongrass coconut curry and roasted peanut is fantastic.
- Ingredients :
- 1 Green mango, or not fully ripe mango. Peeled, seeded and cut into bite sizes.
- ½ lb. Fresh squid. Cleaned and cut to bite sizes.
- 1 Yellow onion. Chopped.
- 2 Cloves garlic. Minced.
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil.
- ½ Cup water.
- ½ Cup coconut milk.
- 2 Tablespoons minced lemon grass.
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder.
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon creamy style pickle fish (pahok). (Option).
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper.
- ½ Teaspoon paprika.
- ½ Teaspoon salt.
- ½ Cup unsalted roasted peanut.
- Procedures :
In a small bowl, marinated squids with salt and black pepper. Set a side.
Heat up a soup pot in high temperature. When it hot pour-cooking oil.
Sauté garlic, onion, lemongrass, curry powder and paprika.
Pour coconut milk in the pot, add water and mango. Simmering till sauce reduce.
Turns up temperature to high.
Add squids and roasted peanut to the curry and seasoning with fish sauce and pahok. Stirs well.
Serve hot with rice or noodles.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.