Ta kuon char nung di-hu.
(Squids with water spinach).
Mouth watering stir fry squid with crisp Asian water spinach (takoun) is Khmer ethnic food. Very easy and quick recipe.
- Ingredients :
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ Tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Small yellow onion,sliced
- ½ lb Squid, cleaned and cut to bite sizes
- ½ lb Asian water spinach, cut 3 inches in length
- 2 Stalks green leaves onion,chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- Procedures :
In a small bowl, mix water with cornstarch, fish sauce, oyster-sauce, and sugar together, set a side.
Heat up a skillet or wok with high temperature.
When it hot, add oil, garlic, yellow onion and squid, stirs well.
Add Asian water spinach and green onion, strirs well.
Seasoning with mixed sauces, stir well.
Sprinkles with black pepper before serve.
Note:Do not over cook the vegetable or squid.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.