Nhoam trosot ngiet trey ca tho.
( Cucumber salad with dried fish).
Khmer Kampuchea Krom (now know as South Vietnam)is beautiful rich soil with abundant seafood. *Kamourn Sor* Rach Gia province is world famous for produces the best fish sauce and fresh and dried seafood. Cucumber salad with grilled dried salty fish is delicious Khmer ethnic food.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Large dried salty fish(ngiet trey ca-tho), soaked in warm water, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 Hot chili pepper, minced (option)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Large cucumber, peeled and slices thin
- ½ Cup chopped fresh mix herbs; mint sweet basil leaves or
- Procedures :
Cook dried fish on hot grill. When fish cooked, removed fish bones and shredded fish meat to small pieces, set a side.
In a small bowl, mix lime juice with garlic, hot chili pepper, sugar and salt together, mix well.
Put sliced cucumber in a large bowl, add shredded dried fish meat and fresh mix herbs, pour prepared lime sauce over, mix well and serve immediately.
Khmer people prefers this cucumber salad with rice, vegetables and tamarind sauce.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.