Trey chien la-miet.
(Fry fish with turmeric).
Crispy, salty and spicy fried fish flavor with lemon grass and turmeric is delicious Khmer country food. Authentic recipe cook with whole fish, but I prefer boneless fish.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Stalk green onion, minced
- ¼ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder, or 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric roots
- 3 Chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste(option)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb Fillets Red snapper or your choice of fish
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Procedures :
In a small bowl, mix garlic with onion, lemon grass, turmeric, chili pepper, salt, fish sauce and black pepper, mix well.
Rubs prepared sauce on both sides of fish fillets, refrigerated for 4 hours or over night.
Pre-heat a skillet or wok on medium high temperature.
When skillet is hot, and oil, pan-fry marinated fish till both sides golden brown.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.