(Shrimp paste dipping sauce).
Authentic Khmer shrimp paste sauce is very popular in Kampuchea Krom. It has strong fishy odor but very yummy for dipping with vegetables, fruits, meat or fish.
- Ingredients :
- 1/4 Cup hot water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons shrimp paste(kapik)
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon Sambal Olekek chili paste
- 4 Chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste(option)
- ½ Cup of crushed unsalted roasted peanut(option)
- Procedures :
In a small bowl, mix water with sugar, stirs till sugar dissolved.
Add shrimp paste, garlic, lime juice and chili paste,stirs well.
Top with chopped fresh hot chili pepper and crushed peanut before serve.
Note: For sweeter sauce add more sugar, or saltier sauce add more shrimp paste, adjust to your taste.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.